It's been a while.

IMAG0958And I have been very lax in posting.  September is an odd month for us, our friends Freya and Mark visit every year, and it marks the end of our summer.  This year however, they arrived a little early and we thought that they had brought the Autumn with them.  But no, it was an hiatus and the weather is still amazingly hot, so instead of marking the end of Summer and welcoming Autumn their visit was instead a fabulous pause in the rhythm of the seasons and late Summer seems still to be stretching on before us.







IMAG0882IMAG0889Whilst they were down, we visited the Kaffe Fassett Exhibition at the American Museum just outside of Bath. It was fabulous to see all that creativity in one place and whilst I do like a lot of his designs I really feel that needlepoint is the medium that really shows his best work. All of it was beautifully presented and really accessible.  As was the rest of the museum, and I hope I shall get an opportunity to return and take another look at their textiles before the Museum slows down for the winter.
IMAG0928



A couple of trips to the seaside have occurred since I last blogged, both mini holidays and we even managed to visit a yarn shop on the way on the second. (The Wool Merchant in Tiverton, a truly wonderful place that as you can see, even DH approved!). 


I also have had the first bout of lurgi for the Autumn which have meant really I haven't done that much on the creative side.  I've just been too tired! And it has left me with no voice - argh! But that is now wearing off and my loom is now sleyed. The To-Do pile in my sewing room has been organised, as has the To-Do stack in my spinning room!  (Both in workshop - honest!) So with any luck what I would like to think of as normal blogging will be back over the next week or so.

Comments