Monday is always a Quiet day.

Monday is always quiet around here, DH asleep from working nights and DS, asleep. So I tend to potter a lot and all the fabulous plans I had for my day on Sunday nights go whizzing out of the window.  I did however manage to put my rovings to dry once DS had moved the spin dryer out to where I could use it. That was later. The rest of my my morning was spent amending in the sewing room.  This is a bit like mending, but it makes clothes more wearable.  Either because they are a Kaftan that MIL was kind enough to "see if Sarah would like" (It has foam facings for goodness sake!  More of that later in the week.), or because, as was the case this morning, it is one of my own creations that I'm just not that happy with and had thrown back onto the Do Something! pile.  So dress now tweaked and back on the to wear list.


IMAG0971This afternoon was spent with my feet up knitting.  A lot. Firstly, the Margaret Beaufort sweater from Tudor Roses by Alice Starmore. It's a well written pattern and fairly easy to knit, it's not the recommended yarn, but a stash find DK that I'm really enjoying.  DS went into shock today when he discovered I had swatched before starting... Ah well.


IMAG0970The other knitting project that really should be off my needles by the end of the week, as I have a pair of kilt socks to knit by the end of October, are socks to my own pattern, knitted in hand spun Dorset Horn in Half Moon by Freyalyn I really enjoyed spindling this and it is as much fun to knit.  There will be pink afterthought heels to match the pink toes and at the moment I'm toying with pink cuffs... hmmm, decisions, decisions.


Tomorrow is flick carding and weaving I think. 

Comments