And so to the Crowdy

I have been spinning for a weaving project on the Crowdy for a while now (due to the high level of concentration this needs it's a little and as often as I can). I am enjoying it, it is so absorbing and I have found that my other spinning is becoming finer as this project progresses, and for the first time I feel as if I can see the end of the tunnel. I don't think it will be an oncoming train.  But it is a bit like the magic porridge pot, it just keeps on coming.

The fleece is Shetland/BFL and so fine it will make you weep. Each lock has been pulled separately and then flicked before being worsted spun. Colour by colour. The lovely cloud of fluff at the front of the picture was a little bump in the bag until I pulled it out and I have pulled and flicked half of it already. 

Pictures of spinning later...

Comments

Freyalyn said…
'A while now' is a bit of an understatement, it must seem never ending! But as you say, the end's in sight, finally.
Yarnspider said…
true, but it has made be a better spinner.